Sunlight is essential for all living beings on the planet. Most of the time, people only sunbathe for image-consciousness as they like to look tanned. However, the sun has other important benefits: it favours the formation of vitamin D (allowing the absorption of calcium supplied by food, and thus aiding the care of bones, nails and hair), strengthens the immune system, helps us to fall asleep, contributes to the regulation of depressive states, lowers blood pressure and balances cholesterol.
But nevertheless; along with these benefits, excess exposure to sun especially without adequate protection, becomes a great enemy for our skin. This is especially so in people with clear or very fair skin. The sun can cause accelerated aging of the skin, an increased risk of cancer, loss of suppleness, spots and shadows and an increase in sun allergies.
Therefore, UNICSKIN recommends the use of sunscreen every day (summer or winter, regardless of the weather and the geographical area where you are). In Dermatology, it’s advisable to apply a minimum of factor 15 sunscreen every morning. The UNICA+ Day and Night restoring cream incorporates this protection factor.
Additionally, depending on the time of year (summer months) and the geographical area (places where the sun’s rays strike with high intensity), we recommend applying an EXTRA protection.
UNICSKIN gives you our solar tips
- The sun protection factor (SPF) of sunscreens is a number that indicates how long the product increases the skin’s defense capacity against the sun. The key therefore is not about the higher the factor, but to re-apply sunscreen as many times as necessary to avoid sunburn.
- The sun’s rays are strongest between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Try to avoid exposure at these times.
- For better results, UNICSKIN recommends applying your EXTRA sun protection, at least 30 minutes before exposure to the sun.
- You don’t just have to protect yourself on the beach. There are people who only use sunscreen when they go to the beach, but it’s also important to apply a minimum of level sun protection when walking around the city or just sitting on a terrace having a drink. UNICSKIN helps you incorporate sun protection in your daily life.
- And after sun? Immediately after sun exposure, it’s very important to moisturize your skin deeply. In the months of greatest exposure, UNICSKIN recommends its UNICHYDRO-ACTIVE serum, which intensely moisturizes and helps regenerate the skin thanks to its high concentration of Hyaluronic Acid of medium molecular size (which promotes penetration). The formula also concentrates Aloe Vera Barbadensis – known by the Egyptians as the “Plant of Immortality”– with a high absorbent capacity and a high calming power after exposure to the sun, Argireline, Orange Tree stem cells, Marine Collagen, and Incense Extract (Boswellia Serrata), which purifies the skin and adds an anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory action. Give your skin extra hydration.